Why Do I Need SEO?
The Importance of SEO
Does your company need a search engine optimization (SEO) company? As with any business decision, the answer depends on your company. You know your company better than anyone. You know the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. You know your bottom line. You know your clientele. For most companies, SEO is a vital part of their online marketing.
Why do some companies work with SEO companies? For some, it’s all about ranking well on search engines. When a potential customer performs a Google search for a product or service, they will most likely click on one of the top results. That’s the value of ranking above the competition and that’s one of the main benefits of hiring a good SEO company.
SEO is More Than Ranking
But is that all you want out of your web presence? Ranking on Google may be exactly what your company needs, but some SEO companies do more. Here’s a list of benefits that SEO should provide:
- Visibility: This is about ranking well for Google searches related to your industry. Pay-per-click advertising can also be a part of an online strategy.
- Image: As a small business owner, you’ve put a lot of thought into your company’s image. You have a company logo, business cards, letterheads, and an employee dress code. All of these disparate attributes create your image, and any effective image should tell a clear story about your company. Your web presence should sync up with your company’s image. An SEO company should be able to create or augment your company’s image on the web.
- Converting Sales: Ranking well on Google is a great start, but there is more to having an effective online presence. Your company should rank well, but your website should attract clicks that lead to sales.
- Ease of Use: How many times have you clicked on a website, but it was painfully slow or too hard to navigate, so you quickly clicked the “Back” button on your Internet browser? An SEO company should create a website that is easy to use with fast load times.
These benefits are accomplished by services such as:
- Keyword research and planning
- Changes to your site structure
- Technical advice
- Strategies for specific markets or industries
- Content development
- Website design
- Dedicated customer service