FREE TRACKING SOFTWARE
- See where you currently rank on search engines like Google
- See best ranking keywords and where you're ranked in search engines
- View your online reputation and recent reviews
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Suggest a topic to our experts
5 Quick Tips for Answering the Phone
Ring, ring, ring! This is the sound that contractors both love and dread – it’s a new customer, but you’re also already busy! However, answering the phone properly is critical for a successful business. Even with texting and email, most people prefer to call contractors with their questions. This initial call will determine if the customer wants to hire you or move on the next contractor on their list.
Here are 5 simple tips to make your phone calls more successful.
- Answer Quickly: This one may seem silly, but most people do not like to wait. The average phone will ring for 30 seconds before going to voicemail. And most people won’t wait long enough to leave a message. Always answer within 3 rings!
- Introduce Yourself: Welcome the caller with a courteous greeting and identify yourself and your business. Take a breath and smile before answering the phone. This is the customers’ first impression of you and your business.
- Speak Clearly And Listen: Chances are you’ll be on a job when answering the phone. Make sure to speak clearly so the customer can hear you. Listen to what the customer is saying without interrupting and without distractions.
- Be Patient: Just remember, the customer is calling you because you’re the expert. They may not know the correct terms when describing the work they’d like done. Be patient and understanding.
- End The Call With A Thank You: When your call is complete, end the call by thanking the caller by name. This shows that you value the customer and appreciate the call.
A successful phone call is the first step to building a positive relationship with future clients.